Wow…have had a comically bad user experience with Google Ad Sense tonight.
As I was recently laid off, I’m looking into putting some adsense ads onto this page and maybe some of my other ones. When looking up my account, I saw that at some point, for unknown reasons, I was disapproved.
When navigating through the system, I found a place that said if I was disapproved, I can log into my adsense account and resubmit it:
If your application wasn’t approved, you’re welcome to resubmit it for review. Before doing so, please read the application status message you received for more details on why your application was disapproved.
You may make any necessary updates to your application and resubmit by logging in to our home page using the email address and password you provided with your application. Once you’ve resolved all issues with your application, click ‘Resubmit’.
So I went back to the login page, and when I logged in, with my Google account I got this message:
“An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application. “
So I went and searched (again) for this message…I don’t have it,.
At this point, I get messages asking about my experience, I select the option that says “No” for satisfied with my visit, and am brought to another page where I’m asked more detailed questions, and I submit a short description of my experience.
…a couple minutes go by…
I go back to the page, to see what happened (if you know me you know I wasn’t going to sit and wait for it to go through) and apparently there’d been a “500 Internal Server Error” that occurred.
There was a message on that page too though! They are very smart and ask that I send an email to a particular address, along with the time of the error etc.
So I resubmitted the form, so I could give them a very exact time that the error occurred (8:44pm PST) and typed up some details about the transaction that led to getting the error.
Think that it’s done…?
Nope! After I sent that message, I went to go do other things, and when I got back to my email turns out that email address they provided is nooooooo good:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 5.5.3 <email@example.com>… Invalid (state 14).
So I guess that I’m just not meant to let them know that I couldn’t get my adsense working and that I’m really interested in resubmitting. I used a different email to re-sign up instead, which is only a bummer because I’d like to keep my google apps all using my google login.
Oh well…Hopefully they’ll work it out. I’ve got my fingers crossed that Blogger is even going to work to post this entry honestly…if it doesn’t I think I’ll just go to bed or something.